1) Share personal hotspot via QR code
We create a personal hotspot since we would like to share it with someone.
Now, we make it more convenient.
After you set up a perosnal hotspot with a password, you can see the "Share QR code" . Click on it, your friends can scan the QR code to access your personal hotspot directly.
2) View the devices connected to your personal hotspot
Previously, we only know how many devcies that conncected to our personal hotspot in MIUI. However, we also need to know which devices is connceting to our personal hotspot. We don't want to share our personal hotspot to everyone.
Now, just tap on "connected device", you can see which device is connecting to your hotspot.
In the future, you can also kick someone out if you don't want them to connect to your personal hotspot.
Redmi 1S, Redmi 2, Redmi 2 Prime, Mi 3, Mi 4, Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm, Mi 4i, Redmi Note 2, Redmi Note 4G, Redmi Note Prime, Mi Max 32GB, Mi 2/2S, Mi 5, Mi Note, Redmi 3
MIUI 8 Global Developer ROM 6.8.11 Features and Changelog
Home screen Fix - Issues with icons after reflashing the device (08-08) Gallery New - Three-fingered swipe for screenshots (08-09) New - Double tap the Scrolling screenshot preview to zoom in (08-09) Optimization - Screen won't go to sleep while creating a Scrolling screenshot (08-09) Fix - Couldn't make a scrolling screenshot after changing a note's background (08-09) Fix - Scrolling screenshot issues in QQ and WeChat (08-09) Security New - Improved Security. Better design, more cool features. (08-08)
Q: I do not see "Second Space" and "Dual apps" settings on my device? A：Due to the limitation of hardware platform, devices running MIUI 8 based on Android 4.4 (Redmi 1S, Redmi 2, Redmi Note 3G, Redmi Note 4G) don't support 'Second space' and 'Dual apps' for now.
Q：Error while Downloading MIUI 8 Global Developer ROM? A：This is due to massive downloading inquires, our sever may encounter temporary downs. Please try again later.
How to Upgrade to MIUI 8 Currently we've just rolled out MIUI 8 Global Developer ROM, thus if you want to try out MIUI 8 it's necessary for you to flash to MIUI 8 Global Developer ROM. MIUI 8 Stable ROM will only receive update on 16th August
Method 1: System Update
For current MIUI Global Developer ROM users, you will get MIUI 8 OTA update notifications on your phone. Or you can click 'Updater' app to check for updates. Don't forget to backup data before upgrading.
Method 2: Recovery Method
Due to the differences in Recovery interface, this method is not applicable to some Redmi MTK devices and devices with locked bootloader.
Make sure you're running on latest MIUI Stable Global ROM before using this method update to Developer ROM
2) Connect your device to the Windows PC/laptop via a micro USB cable, and copy the ROM file downloaded and renamed in Step 1 into the root directory of the internal storage of your device. (Do not put it in any folder)
3) Enter the Recovery mode of your device. There are 2 methods to do it as follows: Method 1: Launch ‘Updater’ app on your device, click the ‘…’ icon at the top-right corner, and select ‘Reboot to Recovery mode’ to enter. Method 2: You can also turn off your device and then hold both Volume+ button and Power button at the same time to enter Recovery mode.
4) In Recovery mode, you can use Volume +/- to select up/down, and Power button to confirm. After entering Recovery mode, choose the language you use, select ‘Install update.zip to System One’ and confirm, and then your device will begin updating automatically. Wait until the update is completed, choose ‘Reboot to System One’, and then your device should boot to the new version. Mi Phones with New Mi recovery interface
1) Download the latest MIUI 8 Recovery ROM file. Rename the downloaded ROM file to ‘update.zip’ on your computer.
2) Head towards Updater App, click on the "3 dots" (top right-hand coner) and choose "Choose update package",
3) Go to "Download" folder and Choose files, and choose the Recovery ROM zip file you just copied from the PC/Computer and select and tap "OK".
4) It wil then verify the the package "Getting info" and reboot automatically and flash the Recovery ROM accordingly, as shown below:
Method 3: Fastboot method
Step 1: Unlock bootloader Mi 5, Mi Max and coming new Mi devices has their bootloader locked. Therefore it's important to unlock the bootloader before you proceed on flashing.
Those who got their bootloader unlocked may skip this step
1) Apply on unlocking bootloader.
Users could require for unlocking permission in this site:http://en.miui.com/unlock/ . Click on the unlock now shown on the image above to check whether you have the permission to unlock your device. If you are come across the photo below means you are eligible to unlock. Next, proceed and download the unlocking tool.
If you do not have permission to unlock the bootloader yet then the page will redirect you to the application form. Fill in the required details and wait for the approval. The approval SMS will be sent to your phone.
2) Download the latest unlocking tool
Log into the Mi account which has acquired unlocking permission on your device. Make sure it's the same with the account you sent your request.
Turn off your device, press the Power button and Volume - button at the same time to enter bootloader mode
Log into the unlocking tool on PC with the same Mi account. Connect the device with the PC using USB cable
Press 'Unlock'. The unlocking process will complete in about 10 seconds
Step 2: Fastboot Before you start to flash your device, it's highly recommended for you to make a backup beforehand. Copy the backup file to your PC or sync your data with Mi Cloud
1) Download the latest Mi Flash Tool. Decompress the MIUI ROM flashing tool downloaded and double click on it to install (if there is security warning, select 'Run'). .
2) Turn off the device. Press the Volume– key and the Power button at the same time to enter Fastboot mode. Then connect the device to the Windows PC/laptop via a micro USB cable
3) Double click on the downloaded ROM file to decompress it. Open the file folder for the decompressed ROM pack, and copy its path on the computer.
4) Paste the address bar of the ROM file folder path copied in the last step. Click on the first button (circled out in yellow) to Refresh, and MiFlash should automatically recognize the device. Then click the second button (circled out in red) to flash the ROM file to the device.
5) Wait until the progress bar inside MiFlash turns fully green, which means the ROM has been successfully installed. Then your device should automatically boot to the new version.
Q&A 1) Why my device is not detected in Mi Flashing Tool? Please make sure you're in fastboot mode and all the required drivers are installed.
2) Why there's error when i click on flash option in Mi Flashing Tool? Please make sure the path of the ROM file is correct, if the errors still occur choose flash all or flash all data and storage option
3) How long does it take to get my unlocking bootloader request approved? The approval is done by the system, normally it takes around 3-10 days and please wait patiently for the SMS.
4) Can i lock back my bootloader after flashing? Yes, there's script “flash_all_lock” in the ROM pack. Choose the script and flash it then you will lock back your bootloader
Today we are sharing to you the Major changes of MIUI 8 & MIUI 7(Comparison).
Upside image = MIUI 8 & DownSide Image = MIUI 7
First start up page looks pretty cool. Text color changed into blue from orange and Background color changed into flat white.
Clock Widget design changed. Some apps icon design changed.
Notifications & Status Bar
Panel Layout changed completly.The notification bar all new color shade and white background, which replaces the blurred effect on MIUI 7. Reading notifications easier on the eye. All the shortcuts are now listed in a horizontal manner and you can swipe across to view them.
Music toggle shortcut added. Swiping down of the app icon will show the options of "Lock Task" and "App details".
All new customized theme menu. Icons and options are changed.
Weather interface is completely new with dynamic effects.
MIUI 8 Calendar app looks slimmer, material design and layout slightly changed. Event button only retained, the other options are put on top. May is the robust cyan, June is a vibrant orange.
Recorder interface is completely new with dynamic effects. If it is vigorous and effective male voice, the color will show blue-green color, female voice appears charm Pink color. MIUI 8 recorder color knows who is speaking, is not it a cool feature?
Add clock option icon changed and settings option added in top left.
Contacts interface is completely new with colorful background & dynamic effect .
The scanner is completely new with more features of "QR code" "Shopping" Translate" Study" "Business card" and "Document".
Calculator interface is completely new with many options added .
The camera is optimized. There will be no left or right swipe to access the option or filters. The rear camera have "Modes" for the camera options
The default background for the calls is blue with dialling icons changed.
MIUI 8 Global Beta ROM 6.8.11 Changelog Preview: Screenshot, SMS
1) Three-fingered swipe for screenshots:
Unlike old methods of pressing multi-tasking and volume-down keys together or swipe down notification bar then press the screenshot switcher, now you can swipe down with 3 fingers to take a screenshot in any interface, which is truely convenientWanna know more methods to take screenshots?Click here to see more details!
2) Double tap the Scrolling screenshot preview to zoom in:
4) Bugs fixed:
Couldn't make a scrolling screenshot after changing a note's background
Files without extension couldn't be opened in Gallery